The answers to all your frequently asked questions.
Why is change management necessary?
Change Management is the act of preparing, supporting, and helping individuals, teams, and organizations in making organizational change. In the context of Google Workspace, this is essential in driving systemic digital transformation. This is largely because we are directly affecting the day-to-day workings of most – if not all – of your users.
- Reduces periods of coexistence with legacy systems
- Limits holdouts and negativity due to confusion
- Increases productivity and adoption
What Cloud computing services does Opennetworks offer?
Our specialized teams assist in the strategy, integration, change management & adoption of Cloud Products and Services for high growth organisations. We facilitate digital transformation through effective professional development services and ongoing support, both technical and operational. These services include:
- Google Workspace Deployment
- Google Workspace Integration
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Enterprise Billing Accounts
- Data Engineering and Analytics
- Google API Developer Tools
What is meant by “infrastructure”?
Infrastructure is the Servers, Services, and Tools used by an Organisation that enables computing to its users and clientele.
Types of Infrastructure are:
- Servers / Virtual Machines
- Applications dependent on Servers
- Services needed to make Infrastructure work / Communicate
There are no Data Centers (DC) in Africa, how is the Speed
With the right Architecture and using services like CDN’s; connectivity to services would be as efficient as local DC’s. The closest DC’s are in Europe, and the reach to them is 160ms (320ms Round Trip).
What is the difference between Containers and Virtual Machines (VM)?
Containers are lightweight servers that run as many servers at once; where the Operations are the same and split by the OS, whereas VM (Virtual Machines) operate like conventional Servers that operate singularly from a Hardware level.
What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes builds on 15 years of running Google’s containerized workloads and the valuable contributions from the open-source community – so Google Containerization.
What is hybrid cloud?
A hybrid cloud is one in which applications are running in a combination of different environments. Imagine Running workloads in multiple places, but they are all connected.
What is Enterprise Billing?
A Cloud Account / Enterprise billing account, enables organizations to make use of all Google Cloud Services without relying on a Credit Card to manage transactions.
Why should my business make use of Enterprise Billing?
An Enterprise billing account mitigates the risks of:
- Having to manage funds for the account on each invoicing cycle.
- Invoices are processed with VAT in accordance with local governance.
- Enterprise billing accounts allow organizations to access enterprise-only features.
- Enterprise billing accounts give detailed Daily to Custom reports on hand and enable alerts for budget controls.
- Enterprise billing accounts extend the organisations capabilities with API and resource needs through our Google Cloud Platform. Resources can also be shared with other Google Cloud projects under the same organisation.
Does Enterprise Billing have any tools that can help me manage the account?
- Budget Alert tools are available to notify you when you are over budget on an amount or the previous month’s spending.
- You will have access to Opennetworks support services to put best practices in place.
What else does Opennetworks offer in terms of Enterprise Billing?
- Access to Google Engineering tier Support (that is otherwise very expensive to pay for)
- Opennetworks boasts several qualified Cloud Professionals that can help with Architecture, Design, or Conceptual approaches.
Why should I partner with you when it comes to using monday.com?
monday.com rely on their trusted Partner network to assist customers with account customization and setup, team onboarding, building custom integrations, and onsite training.
We help your organisation adopt the technology as quickly as possible, limiting downtime when transitioning from legacy platforms and helping you use monday.com to its full potential!
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
What does it mean to be Google Certified?
Google offers a number of certifications that you can achieve that will distinguish you as an expert in the field. These are great programs and hold international recognition. Not only do you get recognised but you will also meet and join a community of like-minded enthusiasts who are truly passionate about driving education forward.
We offer 4 levels of certification:
- Google for Education Certified Level 1
- Google for Education Certified Level 2
- Google for Education Certified Trainer
- Google for Education Certified Coach
How do I submit a request for support?
You can reach your dedicated Technical Account Manager by:
- Connecting with us 24/7 via WhatsApp.
- Clicking on the ‘Get Support’ widget at the bottom of the screen.
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I track the progress of my query?
Yes! You can view or update your existing support queries by logging into the support portal.
What number can I use on WhatsApp to submit a request for support?
You can send your request for support 24/7 by sending a WhatsApp to +27 60 073 7157.
Do you have an option for me to search for the solution myself?
We have set up a handy knowledge base that you can search to find answers to more common technical issues that you might experience.
Click HERE to access this knowledge base.
For more in-depth queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Represents the flow of data between two or more systems.
Means a software & a hardware infrastructural setup deployed & running from within the confines of an organization.
Is a process by which data is moved from one or more sources to a destination where it can be stored and further analyzed.
Refers to applications where the management and allocation of servers and resources are completely managed by the cloud provider.
Is the process of collecting structured and unstructured information and converting it into data readable by a computer.
“SaaS” Software as a service
Is a way of delivering applications over the Internet—as a service. Instead of installing and maintaining software, the user simply accesses it via the Internet, freeing the user from complex software and hardware management.
“IaaS” Infrastructure as a service
Pay-as-you-go for services, in the cloud, such as storage, networking, and virtualization e.g. compute engine.
Platform as a Service: hardware and software tools available over the internet. e.g. App Engine.
IoT Internet of things
Devices that gather and transmit data wirelessly e.g. fitness trackers, sensors that monitor the temperature in buildings or track a vehicle.
Software that is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to use, study, change, and distribute the software and its source code to anyone and for any purpose.
Extract | Transform | Load is a process that extracts the data from different source systems, then transforms the data (like applying calculations, concatenations, etc.) and finally loads the data into storage.