The answers to all your frequently asked questions.
Why is change management necessary?
Change Management is the act of preparing, supporting, and helping individuals, teams, and organizations in making organizational change. In the context of Google Workspace, this is essential in driving systemic digital transformation. This is largely because we are directly affecting the day-to-day workings of most – if not all – of your users.
- Reduces periods of coexistence with legacy systems
- Limits holdouts and negativity due to confusion
- Increases productivity and adoption
What Cloud computing services does Opennetworks offer?
Our specialized teams assist in the strategy, integration, change management & adoption of Cloud Products and Services for high growth organisations. We facilitate digital transformation through effective professional development services and ongoing support, both technical and operational. These services include:
- Google Workspace Deployment
- Google Workspace Integration
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Enterprise Billing Accounts
- Data Engineering and Analytics
- Google API Developer Tools
What is meant by “infrastructure”?
Infrastructure is the Servers, Services, and Tools used by an Organisation that enables computing to its users and clientele.
Types of Infrastructure are:
- Servers / Virtual Machines
- Applications dependent on Servers
- Services needed to make Infrastructure work / Communicate
There are no Data Centers (DC) in Africa, how is the Speed
With the right Architecture and using services like CDN’s; connectivity to services would be as efficient as local DC’s. The closest DC’s are in Europe, and the reach to them is 160ms (320ms Round Trip).
What is the difference between Containers and Virtual Machines (VM)?
Containers are lightweight servers that run as many servers at once; where the Operations are the same and split by the OS, whereas VM (Virtual Machines) operate like conventional Servers that operate singularly from a Hardware level.
What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes builds on 15 years of running Google’s containerized workloads and the valuable contributions from the open-source community – so Google Containerization.
What is hybrid cloud?
A hybrid cloud is one in which applications are running in a combination of different environments. Imagine Running workloads in multiple places, but they are all connected.
What is Enterprise Billing?
A Cloud Account / Enterprise billing account, enables organizations to make use of all Google Cloud Services without relying on a Credit Card to manage transactions.
Why should my business make use of Enterprise Billing?
An Enterprise billing account mitigates the risks of:
- Having to manage funds for the account on each invoicing cycle.
- Invoices are processed with VAT in accordance with local governance.
- Enterprise billing accounts allow organizations to access enterprise-only features.
- Enterprise billing accounts give detailed Daily to Custom reports on hand and enable alerts for budget controls.
- Enterprise billing accounts extend the organisations capabilities with API and resource needs through our Google Cloud Platform. Resources can also be shared with other Google Cloud projects under the same organisation.
Does Enterprise Billing have any tools that can help me manage the account?
- Budget Alert tools are available to notify you when you are over budget on an amount or the previous month’s spending.
- You will have access to Opennetworks support services to put best practices in place.
What else does Opennetworks offer in terms of Enterprise Billing?
- Access to Google Engineering tier Support (that is otherwise very expensive to pay for)
- Opennetworks boasts several qualified Cloud Professionals that can help with Architecture, Design, or Conceptual approaches.
Why should I partner with you when it comes to using monday.com?
monday.com rely on their trusted Partner network to assist customers with account customization and setup, team onboarding, building custom integrations, and onsite training.
We help your organisation adopt the technology as quickly as possible, limiting downtime when transitioning from legacy platforms and helping you use monday.com to its full potential!
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
What does it mean to be Google Certified?
Google offers a number of certifications that you can achieve that will distinguish you as an expert in the field. These are great programs and hold international recognition. Not only do you get recognised but you will also meet and join a community of like-minded enthusiasts who are truly passionate about driving education forward.
We offer 4 levels of certification:
- Google for Education Certified Level 1
- Google for Education Certified Level 2
- Google for Education Certified Trainer
- Google for Education Certified Coach
What is a Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a hardware device (laptop or tablet) running the Linux-based Chrome OS as its operating system. The devices are primarily used to perform a variety of tasks using the Google Chrome browser, with most applications and data residing in the cloud rather than on the machine itself. A Chromebook can support apps from the Google Play store. One can’t install any software on a Chromebook such as Microsoft Office etc and it only runs on apps, but keep in mind that Google has its own Office suite that compares to Microsoft Office and you can even open the Microsoft Office files within the Google Suite.
What are the benefits of a Chromebook?
- Long battery life: The minimalistic Chrome OS and absence of a typical spinning hard drive means unplugged times can be longer on a Chromebook.
- Optimized for Google apps: If you already rely on Google’s popular apps such as Calendar and Gmail, the Chrome OS is optimized for using them conveniently.
- Fast boot times: With an OS that’s intentionally minimalistic and data stored on a solid-state drive, a Chromebook has less to accomplish when booting up, so it’s ready to use much faster.
- Browser-based simplicity: If you can use a web browser, you can use a Chromebook, since it’s primary user interface is the Chrome browser.
- Extremely thin and light: With fewer bulky internal components, Chromebooks are among the thinnest, lightest PC devices available today.
- Secure: Chromebooks use the principle of “defense in depth” to provide multiple layers of protection.
What are the multiple layers of security within a Chromebook?
- Automatic updates:
The most effective way to protect against malware is to ensure all software is up-to-date and has the latest security fixes. This can be difficult to manage on traditional operating systems with many software components from many vendors all with different update mechanisms and user interfaces. Chromebooks manage updates automatically so Chromebooks are always running the latest and most secure version.
On a Chromebook, each web page and application runs in a restricted environment called a “sandbox.” If the Chromebook is directed to an infected page, it can’t affect the other tabs or apps on the computer, or anything else on the machine. The threat is contained.
- Verified Boot:
Even if malware manages to escape the sandbox, the Chromebook is still protected. Every time the Chromebook starts up, it does a self-check called “Verified Boot.” If it detects that the system has been tampered with or corrupted in any way, typically it will repair itself without any effort, taking the Chromebook back to an operating system that’s as good as new.
- Data Encryption:
When using web apps on a Chromebook, all important data is stored safely in the cloud. Certain kinds of files, like downloads, cookies, and browser cache files, may still be present on the computer. The Chromebook encrypts this data using tamper-resistant hardware, making it very difficult for anyone to access those files.
- Recovery Mode:
If anything goes wrong with a Chromebook, you can simply push a button or use a quick keyboard combination to enter recovery mode and restore the operating system to a known good version.
Can I use my Chromebook without internet (offline)?
How do I submit a request for support?
You can reach your dedicated Technical Account Manager by:
- Connecting with us 24/7 via WhatsApp.
- Clicking on the ‘Get Support’ widget at the bottom of the screen.
- Sending an email to email@example.com
Can I track the progress of my query?
Yes! You can view or update your existing support queries by logging into the support portal.
What number can I use on WhatsApp to submit a request for support?
You can send your request for support 24/7 by sending a WhatsApp to +27 60 073 7157.
Do you have an option for me to search for the solution myself?
We have set up a handy knowledge base that you can search to find answers to more common technical issues that you might experience.
Click HERE to access this knowledge base.
For more in-depth queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Represents the flow of data between two or more systems.
Means a software & a hardware infrastructural setup deployed & running from within the confines of an organization.
Is a process by which data is moved from one or more sources to a destination where it can be stored and further analyzed.
Refers to applications where the management and allocation of servers and resources are completely managed by the cloud provider.
Is the process of collecting structured and unstructured information and converting it into data readable by a computer.
“SaaS” Software as a service
Is a way of delivering applications over the Internet—as a service. Instead of installing and maintaining software, the user simply accesses it via the Internet, freeing the user from complex software and hardware management.
“IaaS” Infrastructure as a service
Pay-as-you-go for services, in the cloud, such as storage, networking, and virtualization e.g. compute engine.
Platform as a Service: hardware and software tools available over the internet. e.g. App Engine.
IoT Internet of things
Devices that gather and transmit data wirelessly e.g. fitness trackers, sensors that monitor the temperature in buildings or track a vehicle.
Software that is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to use, study, change, and distribute the software and its source code to anyone and for any purpose.
Extract | Transform | Load is a process that extracts the data from different source systems, then transforms the data (like applying calculations, concatenations, etc.) and finally loads the data into storage.