Your package solution for working in multiple environments.
A massive 92% of enterprises interviewed by Flexera use a deliberate multicloud strategy.
What does that mean? Basically, a whole lot of businesses are making use of a combination of:
- One or more public clouds
- On-premises data centres
- Private clouds
- Edge locations
So, why would it benefit a business to use multiple clouds?
Different strokes for different folks, really.
Businesses may opt for broader compute options, or stronger data analytics, AI services, or a platform that supports legacy environments.
The decision to use multiple clouds usually happens consciously and could be to avoid being locked to a specific provider or even to comply with certain geographic consumer protection laws.
Businesses occasionally find themselves using multiple clouds by default, as they acquire existing businesses who are already using a certain provider and there is no reason to migrate.
But, even though so many businesses are doing it, there are a few problems that we may encounter when we operate over multiple clouds.
Let’s have a look at some of these before we chat about some pretty effective solutions.
You may find:
- Inconsistency with management across platforms
- Inconsistency with security and compliance
- A greater workload for employees
- Greater overall costs
What we need to overcome these challenges is a platform to simplify and enhance multicloud assets, and tools that are ready for multiple clouds.
So, how can Google help?
Our number 1 answer is Anthos.
Basically, Anthos manages containers in an open-source platform. It simplifies the management of Kubernetes clusters on any private or public cloud.
Kubernetes: a way to manage large fleets of containers
Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE): a fully managed service that makes it easier to run Kubernetes.
Anthos is a super handy way to help you leverage consistent Google Cloud services in other clouds. It does this by using Apigee Hybrid. Apigee Hybrid can deploy API runtimes in a hybrid environment while using cloud-based Apigee capabilities. Some examples of what it can do are:
- Developer portals
- API monitoring
It exposes trusted data that is residing across clouds, and that means faster app builds for you.
Anthos has hybrid AI capabilities. The benefit for you is that you can use differentiated AI tech wherever your workloads are. You can also run your AI close to your data while keeping it safe.
Some other offerings from Google include:
Speech-to-Text On-Prem: available through Google Cloud Marketplace, on Anthos.
- This is the first hybrid AI tech offering, and there is more to come.
- Multicloud Analytics Platform: this platform offers you real-time insights from your data, even if it’s in multiple clouds.
- Build cloud-native apps across clouds, at scale: This allows developers and operators to build, deploy and manage apps seamlessly between platforms while providing uniform and consistent service.
- Secure apps and data wherever they are: Security is one of your top priorities, especially when you are running across several environments. Google Cloud Solutions secures everything from the user, to the network, to the app, to the data. It’s a secure foundation that you can verify and control independently.
Running a multicloud business is one of the ways your business will be able to secure its place amongst competitors, but effective management of your cross-cloud data and operations will make all the difference that will place you above the rest.
Look into your options and then get in touch with us to get you set up.