Did you know that, according to Findstack, 16% of companies in the world are 100% remote? And would you believe that of those, 77% of remote workers say they are more productive when working from home? But what is it that makes a remote worker productive? We reckon it’s the flexibility to work at your own pace, in a comfortable environment, and with your own drive to push you forward. But we also know that the software that the company uses to drive collaboration and remote working can make all the difference.
Google Workspace (formally Google Apps and then G Suite) is a package of cloud computing, collaboration, and productivity tools, software, and products. The product is great for businesses, both remote and in-office, and has even found its place in education.
With the myriad of features available, we have shortlisted our favorites and selected our top 5 Google Workspace features for you. Our choice is based on usability, relevance to business, and pure awesomeness.
So here they are, our top 5 Google Workspace Features:
- Docs: this has got to be one of the greatest features on Google. Docs is a web-based word processor. It has editing capabilities and also has spreadsheets, slides, and forms. Version History allows users to undo changes and Share lets you share the document with anyone you add. Your entire team can work on a project simultaneously. Docs is a serious feature that we love and use frequently.
- Gmail: This email feature includes spam blocking, email filtering, message scheduling, and snoozing. It also boasts a menu that offers you the Workspace version of Gmail. This version is ad-free and allows you to customize staff addresses to match the business domain. It is integrated with other tools, like Google Calendar, Chat, and Google Meet. Gmail also has Smart Reply and Smart Compose, both of which offer assistance with your grammar and replies, keeping you looking like the pro you are.
- Calendar: Calendar is designed to integrate fully with other Google tools. Gmail, Meet, and Drive all work together seamlessly to allow you a constant overview of your schedule, as well as the availability of your teammates. You can easily add a date to the diary and will be given an option to add guests, location, and video conferencing.
- Drive: Drive offers cloud-based storage that allows secure access to Workspace files. Depending on your needs, you can select different storage packages. Drive is a great tool for collaborative work and, with the different access and permission options, shared drives are a perfect solution for organizing files and projects.
- Work Insights: this feature offers top-notch reporting tools. Work Insights allow you to get an overview of how your staff is performing and engaging with Workspace, including levels of adoption, collaboration, and productivity. Insights can even go as far as to give specific data and percentages about preferences and usage within Workspace.
Whichever of the Google Workspace features you use in your business or private life, we think you will find them seamlessly integrated and designed to make your life and work run smoothly. Staying on top of every aspect of individual and team projects can only help your productivity and keep you working at your best.
We recently hosted a practical webinar explaining and showcases all the wonderful features and functionalities of Google Workspace. To see the power of Google Workspace in action, view the webinar recording HERE.